On Thursday morning Mattie is scheduled to MOVE TO KANSAS CITY! He will fly with a medical transport team from Children’s Mercy Hospital. We are REJOICING!! Though the insurance issues are not resolved, the hospital has agreed to transport him. If his insurance still will not pay, there is some financial assistance through the hospital that we can apply for. God is so faithful and we trust Him completely.
I will start packing up tomorrow, but will stay here until Mattie is headed out on Thursday. John, who is in Kansas City, will be there to meet Mattie at the hospital, and I will try not to break any laws as I drive home!
There are no words to describe how much we need this as a family. Deep sigh………..
Oh, and some have asked about how long Mattie will be hospitalized. I simply don’t have an answer to that yet. At this point, we will see what the team at Children’s Mercy have to say when they evaluate him. Though he is on oxygen and still being fed through a feeding tube, if all else is stable, we could go home with those. I’m pretty sure they will want him there a few weeks to get him set up for the long term care that he will be needing and to get him as strong as possible before a discharge. All I really long for at this point is to be sitting on my couch holding Mattie on Christmas morning.