Yep, we’re having a baby!
It went something like this.
January- We started our home study for a potential situation that we ended up not presenting to because I was able to find enough other willing families.
February through April- We slowly crawled through the rest of the home study with no specific situation in mind. Just getting ready.
April 20th (I think)- A baby was born with Down syndrome and needed a family. For multiple reasons we felt a NO from the Lord, and I proceed to move forward to help the agency in their search of a family. The amazing Spier family stepped forward, and Baby Jonah was welcomed into his amazing family.
April 27th- We got another call about a baby boy with DS due in July. I put our profile together in preparation to be presented, and after agonizing with the Lord over it, we decided that this was not our child and not the right timing for us. I assure you I wept before the Lord over this one. It was hard to say no.
August 27th (Friday)- I sat down to my email to read “Baby to be born with Down Syndrome.” My heart literally leapt. With a tiny bit of information about the birth family, I call the agency to inquire. They needed profiles immediately. John and I felt a total peace about being presented, so I quickly updated our profile with some of our new family pictures and by Monday our profile was done and was over nighted to St. Louis. We spend the week finishing a few things for our home study (Physicals for John and I, and scheduling FBI prints for Nick, since he’s 18 now.)
And for those of you following me on Twitter and/or Facebook, thus began the mysterious comments.
And we waited.
And I was not so patient. I sent emails and was a total pest. For numerous reasons, we didn’t hear about the birthmother’s decision until TODAY, almost 2 weeks later.
At this point in the journey, I will not be sharing much detailed information, other than to say that we have said yes to adopting a bi-racial baby boy who has been diagnosed with Down syndrome and is due to be born October 26th, possibly sooner.
We would ask you to pray:
1. For this precious birthmom, that the Lord would strengthen her and sustain her, and that she would come to know His great love for her.
2. For this little boy to be born with a healthy and strong heart. We are uncertain about his heart at the moment as they have not been able to get a clear pictures via ultrasound.
3. For wisdom and strength as we prepare to welcome this precious one into our home.
Adoption Finance Update:
1. We need to pay the $800 balance on our home study.
2. WE NEED A VAN– though we could go everywhere in 2 vehicles, that is obviously not practical or ideal. We need a 15 passenger van as quickly as possible. (Hoping to raise around $10,000 for this).
3. We are fairly certain that we will have very little expense with the agency fees, but we may have some legal fees. I will update on this as soon as I know. This will be a very very low cost adoption though.
4. Remodeling needs: We need to finish our garage before this little guys moves out of our bedroom. So sometime in the next 4 months or so we need to have our garage converted to make more bedroom space.
We would prefer that all giving to our adoption be done via Tekoa 211 (a non-profit ministry for widows and orphans).
Tekoa 211, PO Box 214, Beaver Crossing NE 68313. (please stick a post it on it, or a note stating it is for either our van fund or general adoption fund)
If you would like to give through PayPal for convenience sake that is fine as well, but it is not tax deductible.
Here we go!