When I’m in public with my children people stare. It started this spring after Aiden and Emma came home, and we began our daily outings to the playground. Six children in tow. People stare.
Some are brave enough to ask questions. Some just ponder. I love the pondering type and wonder what they are thinking.
I’ve decided that before my next trip to Target or Sam’s club, or at least come Spring when our trips to the playground start up a gain, I should design a t-shirt.
It would read:
“To Answer Your Questions:
1. Yes, they are all mine.
2. No, they are not twins or triplets.
3. They are 17, 14, 12, 3, 3, and 4
4. I gave birth to the taller three.
5. I chose the smaller three.
6. Yes, He has Down syndrome. Please don’t feel bad for me, I happen to love him that way.
7. Yes, She’s a bit quirky, but she’s a keeper!
8. No, I do not think 6 children constitutes a large family.
9. Nope, I’m probably not done yet. I’m pretty sure there are some other keepers out there that might need me.
10. Have a nice day!