1. Elia- she’s becoming a regular little chatter box these days. I swear she has a southern accent too. Must be here Louisiana roots. Her knees are covered with boo boos and her shins are in a constant state of black and blue, thus indicating her 2 year old business. ( I mean that to read Busy-Ness.)
2. Emma- will be 3 in a few weeks! WOW! We get to celebrate a birthday for her soon. All I can tell you is that people who met her when we first got home but haven’t seen her in weeks, are commenting on how changed she is. Someone said to us yesterday, “WOW, the darkness is gone.” I would describe it this way. It’s like she was in a cave and has finally gotten brave enough to come out into the light. Please keep praying for her. We know the Lord still has more to heal in her body, mind and spirit, but we are seeing changes and they are GOOD! She sees a speech and hearing specialist tomorrow. I’m very excited about that. She also sees a dermatologist in a week or so for a skin condition on her face.
3. Aiden. Well Aiden is as Aiden does. He is total joy. He is all boy and he keep us laughing (and sometimes pulling our hair out!) He’s gotten picky about eating which is rather frustrating (anyone have any issues with that with DS kiddos or “just out of orphanage kiddos”- he was fine for the first few weeks, and then PICKY PICKY!) But if I could package up his yumminess and send you all some I would. Aiden sees the Ear Nose and Throat specialist in a week or so.
4. Isabelle had a great time at camp in Mississippi. I got incredible reports back about her leadership abilities and the blessings she was to everyone there. She’s keeping us all laughing this summer with her incredible sense of humor. She is an amazing activities coordinator for the little ones.
5. Taylor has been my household project man this summer. He loves helping me organize and clean. Yesterday he scrubbed and polished all my kitchen cupboards because he wanted to and takes pride in a job well done.
6. Nick is continuing to pursue photography head on. He has also had a lot of opportunities musically this summer and will do being playing drums for a friend who is working on an album. He’s very excited about being part of that creative process.
OVERALL: we are regrouping as a family, setting some goals (personal and family oriented), and really huddling in to help each other meet those goals. As crazy as life is as a family of 8, I feel like we’re making progress. Our routines are becoming smoother and life is feeling a bit more sane.
BONDING: I will never leave you out of the loop over the bonding issue because I feel like it’s so important to talk about. I would never ever want anyone who is struggling to bond in adoption to feel alone. I would never want anyone who didn’t fall in love at first sight to think there is something wrong with them. We are making great strides forward. It’s a process of choosing to love, learning how to cultivate love, and pressing in even when it’s hard. John and I pray daily over this issue that God would align our hearts with His in regards to our children. We literally pray, “Father we ask that you would cause our hearts to come into agreement with yours in regards to (child’s name).” It’s nothing complicated or lengthy but we pray it every day and we are seeing results.