When we started our first adoption (Elia), we went in with nothing and asked the Lord to provide it all. He did. We had to learn the hard lesson of trusting and waiting on Him. The Father came through and provide for all of our needs so faithfully.
When we said yes to Aiden, we had nothing once again. Not a penny! We just said YES! This time, in spite of the fact that we needed close to $25,000, we just trusted Him. We have heard over and over again from the Lord that if we will continue to say YES to this thing called ADOPTION that is at the very center of His heart, that HE would provide, that it was HIS BILL, and that He would take care of it.
He chose us for Aiden. With our empty savings account, He chose us. And then He allowed us the awesome privilege of inviting all of you to share in this journey by giving to our adoption. Then we got the word out about a precious life in need of being rescued.
Here’s what has happened since August 28th:
1. With our first blog post, $5000 came in, allowing us to get our home study completed, pay for processing all of the paperwork and all the other legwork that needed to be done to get our dossier to Ukraine.
2. I sent out an email blast to family and friends and checks began to come in.
3. Nick came up with a brilliant idea to offer his photography talent to raise money for his brothers adoption. He started offering photos sessions for local families, and posted his photos on our ART FOR ADOPTION site. I still have to sit down and total up Nick’s account, but I’m fairly certain he has raised close to if not more than $2000.
4. We printed out little post cards and handed them out to people at our children’s school, their former school in PA, and around the missions base here at IHOP.
5. We sent out a newsletter to about 100 families.
6. We were given the opportunity for a $5000 matching gift that if matched completely would amount to $10,000.
7. A few days ago I sent in a deposit to Tekoa 211 (the matching grant fund) with checks totally over $14,000!!!!!!! The original $5000 was matched with over $9,000 so far!!
8. As of yesterday checks continue to come in, GOD IS SO FAITHFUL.
I honestly need to sit down and calculate our total at this point. It’s coming in so fast and furious! I laugh with joy every time a check comes in and I think the Father must be having a blast lavishing His love upon our family and upon Aiden’s life!!!
We have other needs obviously. Extreme weather outerwear for John and I, luggage and other things for our trip, clothing for Aiden, a few practical things to prepare his bedroom/play area, and we would like to be able to give to the orphanage when we arrive, by purchasing something that would be helpful. We’re still not sure what this will be, but we want to do something big for the orphanage.
In addition, you can be praying for a bigger vehicle for us. My mommy van, is not going to be the best fit for 2 toddlers and 3 big kids!
THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR HEARTS FOR YOUR GIVING! You have all played an incredible part in our journey through your prayers and your giving!
Love and Blessings to all!
John and Tracie Loux
Nick, Taylor, Isabelle, Elia, and Aiden
Isabelle says Hi because she’s watching word count and wants me to hit 600 words!